Proving Grounds Volunteer Position and Description of Duties
- Record the results of each match using both paper and electronic forms.
- Keep track of match times by either stopping the clock at the referee’s instruction or notify the referee that the regulation time has ended.
- Ensure that the competitors are staged and ready for their upcoming matches. (the goal is to have matches going one after another with very little pause between)
- Weigh-in competitors and record the info either electronically or on paper.
- Escort weighed-in competitors to the mat they will be competing on.
Media crew/Broadcast booth
- Conduct competitor interviews and “possibly” match commentary for some of the recorded matches.
- Start and stop cameras for recording of matches. Some cameras will require that the action be followed. Some will just need to be started and stopped.
- Broadcast sponsor/supporter announcements. Q-cards with messages will be provided.
- To sign-in and issue wristbands to competitors and coaches.
- Issue hand stamps to spectators.
- Answer general questions. (restroom location, etc.)
- Place medals around the necks of division winners
- Take a photo of division winners while they are on the podium
- Collect brief testimonials from competitors (when convenient)